Tech Futures is part of Alberta's research and innovation system and is helping build healthy, sustainable businesses in the province. Through a suite of programs and services directed towards entrepreneurs, companies, researchers and investors, Tech Futures is preparing Alberta for a next generation economy.
Tech Futures' business is to build globally competitive commerce in Alberta through:
- Facilitating the commercial use of new technologies;
- Developing new knowledge-based industry clusters; and
- Encouraging an entrepreneurial culture in Alberta
Tech Futures offers:
Technical Services - Helping organizations develop their technologies faster and smarter
- 100,000 m2 of product/process development and scale-up facilities in the areas of petroleum, environment and carbon management, bio and industrial technologies
- 300 hectare research farm, three greenhouses, and 36 growth chambers
Funding Programs - Fostering an entrepreneurial culture and increasing Alberta's critical mass of innovation talent
- Post-secondary investment programs offer a broad range of support to researchers at all stages of their careers, from graduate students to the world’s top researchers
- Industry investment programs offer support to Alberta-based SMEs in a variety of ways to help accelerate their growth and success
Regionally Accessible Commercialization Support - Making connections and pointing businesses and entrepreneurs in the right direction
Corporate Brochure - Enhancing Possibilities
Tech Futures Mandate and Roles Document
About Alberta Innovates
Alberta Innovates functions as a globally competitive research and innovation system. Within the system government, industry and academia interact to develop solutions to global challenges and use knowledge for the growth and diversification of Alberta’s economy. Alberta Innovates operates as an integrated system aligned with the strategies and priorities of Government of Alberta line departments.
Four corporations make up the Alberta Innovates family:
Bio Solutions supports research and innovation growing prosperity in Alberta's agriculture, food and forestry sectors.
Health Solutions supports research efforts to further our understanding of health and disease, and to produce results that will make a difference to the health, economy and societal wellbeing of Albertans and people around the world.
Energy and Environment Solutions supports energy and environmental research and innovation in Alberta and is working to develop solutions for the biggest challenges facing these sectors.
Technology Futures supports research and innovation activities directed at the growth and development of technology-based sectors, the commercialization of technology, the provision of business and technical services, and initiatives that encourage a strong science, technology and entrepreneurial culture in Alberta.